New and Noteworthy video projects
• Art at the Source Open Studios tour promo.
• My corporate video reel. From projects I worked on when I was employed by Bravura Films, Inc.
• Video book trailer for Poet Karen Benke’s first non-fiction book, “Rip the Page!: Adventures in Creative Writing.”
Link to this video in HD on YouTube
• For cat lovers – profile of Etude Somalis cattery.
• Artist profile for modern abstract painter Suzanne Edminster of Saltworks Studio.
• Last year’s promotional video for Art at the Source Open Studios Tour.
• High Tech Humor
During the 15 years I worked at Bravura Films I edited many hilarious videos poking fun at technology, the internet and hardware envy. I was the offline editor for “State of the Art,””Online” “Browsers on Broadway”and “Start-Up Guy.” See them in Bravura Film’s Gallery. Under the “High Tech” tab, I edited “Man on the Street.”
I edited the San Francisco Ballet’s 75th anniversary video, a show about The San Francisco Ballet’s school and outreach programs, as well as a video tribute to Helgi Tomasson.
“The Making of Lunar2”
I was the editor and one of the writers for a documentary about the creation of a Sony PlayStation video game, which features interviews with the Japanese production and animation teams, the American translation team and the American voice actors. I also co-wrote and edited “The Making of Lunar 1: Eternal Blue.”
Other noteworthy projects:
• “The New Enterprise” for AT&T Labs.
• “In the Lab” for Microsoft Corporation.
Additional videos I’ve worked on.
Editing equipment has gone through radical transformations since I cut my first professional project on a VHS control track system back in 1986. It’s important to keep up with the technology, but equally important are attention to content, a strong sense of style and pacing, good listening skills, and a pleasant personality.
I’m comfortable working supervised or on my own. If you’ve read this far (and I thank you for that) you know that I specialize in writing with interviews. Send me an e-mail. I look forward to discussing your project with you.